In his letter to the Ephesian church, Paul wrote that God brought “all things together in Christ” (Eph. 1:10). This means that because of Jesus, we are being healed in ways we could never have accomplished on our own. His death and resurrection …
• Freed us from sin. We are indwelt by God’s Spirit and have His power to resist temptation and obey.
• United us with our Savior. We live in Christ and He lives in us. He is with us always, wherever we go.
• Made us family. God is our heavenly Father, and we are His sons and daughters. Our spiritual family extends all over the world.
• Transferred us into the kingdom of light. The world is ruled by darkness, but anyone who calls Jesus “Savior” lives in the kingdom of light (Col. 1:12-13). We are citizens of heaven.
• Gave us an eternal inheritance. We’ve already inherited the promises of Scripture, but more awaits us in heaven (1 Pet. 1:4).
• Initiated sanctification. To sanctify means “to make holy.” With our cooperation, the Spirit transforms us into Jesus’ likeness throughout our years on earth.
When life wears you down, ponder all the ways God is actively healing you. He won’t give up on your redemption, even if you at times feel like giving up.
Bible in One Year: Proverbs 13-15