For many reasons, it can be difficult for us believe the Bible’s promises regarding physical healing. Maybe we’ve been disappointed in the past or misunderstood biblical teaching on the subject. Or perhaps we simply don’t believe God will perform miracles today as He did in biblical times.
Dr. Stanley teaches that Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. Just as physical healing played a significant role in Jesus’ earthly ministry, it is still important to Him today. Dr. Stanley uses personal examples of modern-day miracles and points to numerous biblical passages that emphasize God’s willingness to supply physical restoration.
Dr. Stanley also addresses:
- The role of faith in healing
- The importance of responding correctly to illness in our lives
- How fellow believers should be an integral part of our healing
- How God sometimes uses affliction to capture our attention
- Why we don’t experience healing every time we ask for it
- How to respond when God doesn’t answer our prayers for healing
This well-balanced, thoughtful sermon will not only increase your faith for healing but also motivate you to continue to seek the Lord when He doesn’t choose to heal.